The work was carried out in two main phases.
The first phase involved developing the content of the Toolkit by:
- Researching the background to this work;
- Consulting with three Fire and Rescue Services (FRSs) namely Greater Manchester FRS, West Midlands FRS and Dorset FRS members of Government Office and Communities and Local Government.
The second phase of work involved producing the Toolkit, this section of work consisted of:
- Producing the draft Toolkit;
- Consulting FRSs on the draft Toolkit, including:
– two workshops attended by approximately 100 FRS personnel;
– consulting with Dorset and Greater Manchester FRSs directly;
- Amending the Toolkit in light of comments from Communities and Local Government and FRSs.
The report includes calculations for the accompanying spreadsheets and feedback from fire and rescue services on the draft Toolkit.
You can view the report here.